Monday 1 August 2011

Selenium

Recently a collegue, Daniël Gollings, showed me Selenium. As an enthusiastic about test automation I was interested directly. So I started to follow the step-by-step tutorial he made. I downloaded all the needed compenents and started with Selenium IDE. Since I have a background in programming, I quicly switched to Selenium RC to be able to apply better control of the automation. The ease of setting up tests amazed me.


Recent conversations with Roy de Kleijn and Martijn de Vrieze, reignited the Selenium-fire. After following a webinar about page objects, I understand the concept. Now only experience can help me with applying the concept. Hopefully I can use my knowledge in a couple of assignments and broaden my knowledge.

2 comments:

  1. You might want to look into Watir, another project for browser automation. You can find a webinar about it here: http://vimeo.com/2871256

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watir might be nice for later indeed. I presume that when I get to master one framework, all the others will look alike :)

    ReplyDelete